Let’s be real style pimps, buying loads of clothing, shoes, and accessories on a regular basis is freakin’ expensive! Once you get a chance to buy one trend, another one is already out which makes it hard to keep up *insert tired face here*! Don’t trip, I’m here to alleviate as much fashion stress as possible.
Listed below are 11 wardrobe must-haves that I believe will have your closet set for decades. By having these fashion staples you will be ready for almost any event, and you will be able to continually build your wardrobe around these core items. With that being written…...let’s get our wardrobes in check!
1. Leather or Patent Leather Pumps – If you don’t have any other shoe, get you some neutral colored pumps! These shoes will go with just about anything, and they are timeless! (Pictured below, PROTO Steve Madden Pumps)
2. A Quality Purse – It’s fun to buy little dainty purses here and there for different occasions but investing in a sturdy, leather handbag is smart. This bag will ride with you forever and if it happens to break, a shoe or leather shop can quickly get it back right. (Pictured below, Reversible Vegan Leather Tote Bag)
3. A Good Pair of Jeans – Most of us have those favorite pair of jeans that fit us just right and bring all the boys to the yard. If you don’t, what are you doing??? Find those perfect jeans and rock them as often as you like! I personally like Urban Oufitters' BDG jeans because they are quality and have just the right amount of stretch. When looking for jeans, make sure it has at least 2-3 % spandex for comfort and stretch. (Pictured below, BDG Twig High-Rise Skinny Jeans)
4. Blazer – A nice fitting blazer (any color) is a major staple for your closet. You can wear a blazer with so many different looks (work, play, church, etc.), and it’s a piece that will never go out of style. (Pictured below, HM Blazer)
5. LBD – Every woman should have at least one “little black dress” in her closet. Throw this on for a date or outing with your friends, pair it with your pumps and maybe your blazer, and you are good to go! (Pictured below, Scoop Neck Bodycon Dress)
6. Stylish Flats – Ladies, our feet can definitely use a break at times. Stylish flats allow your feet to rest while keeping you fashionable at the same time. (Pictured below, WHITNEE Steve Madden Flats)
8. A Dressy Watch – Watches add a little pizazz to your outfits. A dressy watch will not only help you keep up with the time, but it will also add some flair to your look. (Pictured below, ASOS Minimal Mesh Large Face Watch)
9. Blue Jean Jacket/Bomber Jacket/Trench Coat – Personally I think you need all three, but depending on what climate you are in, at least one of these jackets will suit you. Neither will ever go out of style, and they allow you to be warm in the most chic way. (Pictured below, Bomber Jacket, Blue Jean Jacket, Trench Coat)
10. White Blouse – A boyfriend blouse or a tailored blouse can be worn with EVERYTHING!!!!!!! (Pictured below, ASOS Oversized Boyfriend White Shirt)
So there you have it, 11 things that can provide you with the blueprint for a fabulous wardrobe. At least 6 outfits can be created from the list above. After accumulating some of these staples, you are well on your way to style success!
- Samjah Iman