I was nominated by my fellow blogger Taliah (Fashion Was Here) to share 10 things about myself. At first I was like, "nope!" But then I thought about it and decided to open up to you all a little. So here it goes....
1. I once had a job as a lifeguard (thank God no one drowned).
2. I wasn't born in a hospital room. I couldn't wait. I came out in the hospital hallway (I had things to do).
3. I'm claustrophobic.
4. I have a smart mouth (thanks Daddy).
5. I get uncomfortable and shy when I'm taking pictures and people stop and stare.
6. I can rap the entire 2pac song So Many Tears. I wrote the words down when it first came out (I literally kept stopping and rewinding the tape lol) and it's been stuck in my head forever (oh the power of writing things down!).
7. I am taking guitar lessons.
8. I have 9 tattoos and counting.
9. I can't figure men out.
10. I can sit on the porch, listen to music and read for hours.
11. Even though I have a few good girlfriends, I prefer male friendships.
12. I have random spurts of twerk sessions when I'm at home alone or around my family/friends (just had one in the kitchen).
13. I ran away from home as a child....several times. Luckily for my parents I only went down the street from our house, and the neighbors would rat me out each time (haters).
14. I was in a dance/rap group called Flava when I was younger. We performed in recreation centers and front yards. People would actually crowd around to see us perform lol.
15. I don't like running unless I'm being chased by something.
16. I played the piano for 13 years, and I despised it then but miss it now.
17. I'm addicted to sour pickles and olives.
18. My grandmother named me Samjah. My mother gave me my middle name because she admired the model Iman. She heard her speak and was fond of her humble attitude and grace.
19. I call my mother and sing to her when I get the urge. My daddy won't tolerate it. And nope, I can't sing worth a lick so I understand his sentiments lol.
There you have it folks.....raw and uncut lol. Your turn!
- Samjah Iman
Photographer - firstname.lastname@example.org