My two-year blogging anniversary is coming up in a few days, and I must say that I am proud of myself for sticking with my passion and carrying out my vision. With this blog, I wanted to simply share my life experiences and show my style choices in hopes of inspiring someone. Now, two years later, I still aim to do just that. The birth of Style & Energy was never rooted in popularity/financial gain. It was an outlet for my creative side. And I believe that because my purpose for this blog was/is to bless others, it has been a blessing to me. It grew faster than I could have imagined and has influenced/motivated more people than I know. These two things alone amaze me every time I think about them. I'm grateful.
Although this blogging journey has been rewarding and fun, it has also been a learning experience. Below I am sharing 7 things I've learned about blogging during my two year stint that can also be applied to any passion you're pursuing at the moment. Check them out.
1. BE CONSISTENT - Staying consistent in anything you want to achieve, especially blogging, is the best way to achieve your desired results. If you're not consistent, you won't succeed and others won't take your work serious.
2. REMAIN TRUE TO WHO YOU ARE, YOUR BRAND, AND YOUR CREATIVITY - Forget what other bloggers or people in your craft are doing...do you. Stay original. There will be people that are more successful than you, have more subscribers, and attract more attention than you, etc. Who cares? What matters is if what you are doing is a representation of what's in your soul. And if it is, people will eventually notice that. Genuine people are attracted to genuine things.
3. KEEP GOING - It will seem like no one is even paying attention to what you are putting out there at times, but that's okay. Keep putting in the work. The more you work, the more you become an expert at your craft. And when you become an expert, that is when you elevate to higher levels.
4. BE REAL WITH YOUR AUDIENCE - Some of my most personal posts are my most popular ones because there is always someone who can relate. Most times when I write about my real life occurrences, trials, and triumphs, I usually get a message from someone telling me that they needed to read about my experience or how it applies to their current situation. When you give your audience authenticity, they will respond.
5. PERFECT YOUR CRAFT AND PERFECT IT SOME MORE - Learning should be a reoccurring thing, especially when it comes to your passion. New ideas and inventions are popping up daily; research them and familiarize yourself with them. Go to workshops, learn from other bloggers or people in your craft, meet up with others that do what you do to discuss best practices. The more you know, the more effective you are and the more you grow.
6. LIVE YOUR LIFE - Most of my blog posts come from my experiences, music I hear, lessons learned, traveling, and conversations that I have with people. Living is my inspiration, and if I don't experience life then I can't inspire. If I never got out there and messed up, achieved, cried, laughed, visited that place or tried that new thing - I wouldn't have anything to share with my audience. Therefore, I strongly suggest that we all live! Get out there and don't be afraid to take on life. At the least, you'll have a story to tell.
7. HAVE FUN - Life is short, whatever you choose to do make sure you enjoy doing it. Of course you won't enjoy every aspect of your passion, but if the bulk of it doesn't excite you, don't do it. Simple as that.
Thank you to everyone who has been on this Style & Energy journey with me. Whether you've shared one of my post, commented on a post, wrote me a private message that said keep going, said nothing but observed, subscribed, rolled your eyes while reading a paragraph or looking at a picture, I appreciate you. It only gets better.
Peace and Blessings,
- Samjah Iman