My life anniversary (birthday) is approaching; therefore, I've been in reflection mode for the past few weeks. As I think back over the experiences I encountered during my year of being 34, I am reminded of some valuable lessons I learned and will share with you all. Get into them below.
1. Inner peace is a valuable gift. (If it doesn't bring peace, then stay away from it.)
2. S#@t happens - but that shouldn't stop you. (Life will do what it does. Keep going.)
3. Being true to who you are is grand. (When you are living in your truth and not faking the funk, life is easier. You have a piece of mind and you are free. You don't worry about pleasing others or fitting in. You sleep good at night. )
4. Trusting your gut is wise. (Mostly every time I followed my gut, I was correct. We were blessed with intuition for a reason.....let's use it.)
5. Trying to please everyone will drive you crazy. (At the end of the day people will ultimately do what's best for them....so do what's best for you.)
6. Having a positive and grateful outlook on life helps keep stress away. (Positive affirmations make you feel good inside.)
7. Every situation is a lesson. (I have learned from every incident that either made me happy, sad, mad, tired, etc. There's a lesson in everything.)
8. Self-evaluation is soul cleansing. (Before you get the spec out of your friend's eye, get the log out of yours. Matthew 7:5).
9. Pushing yourself to your limit makes you a stronger person. (You never know how far you can go until you try.)
10. Growing/maturing is a life long process. (We should be working on growth daily. If we don't grow then we aren't living.)
I look forward to living, maturing, and learning much more in my 35th year on this earth. I can't wait to see what this new journey will bring. I'm ready and excited!
Happy Black History Month!
- The Birthday Girl